Sunday 13 May 2012

Robin Hood's Bay Craft Fair - May

Today I've been mostly doing a craft fair! There's a really lovely one in Robin Hood's Bay, North Yorkshire on the 2nd sunday of every month (contact me if you would like info).

I loaded up Doris the Citroen and set off via the Whitby car boot sale where I purchased a rather fabulous clothes horse for displaying my quilts.

Got to the hall in plenty of time and started to set up






A few familiar faces were there!

This is Stewart - he makes some splendid stained glass.


I also met up with Deborah from www.bestaromatics.co.uk , who also plays in the Scarborough Symphony Orchestra, as I do!



There were some new faces too - like the lady who was spinning wool that had come from her alpacas- I know she's not there at the moment I took this photo - but we all need a cuppa every now and then!

Beautiful soft alpaca wool - wish I could knit!
I love these toadstools carved from old logs! My aunty has one in her garden which I bought at a pre-christmas fair.

Here's some of Stewart's stained glass
I had my eye on these lovely pendants on the stall next to me.
By mid-afternoon the fair was in full swing and I was hoping that Pauline would come round with some of the tasty looking cakes I'd seen in the cafe - sure enough we were rewarded with generous slices of homemade chocolate cake and a mug of steaming tea thanks to Jane!
Plenty for the little ones!
Personalised bunting from Oakapple & Rose

After a really enjoyable day, I called the chauffer to take me home

If you'd like more info on the Robin Hood's Bay craft fairs, please email me ellie@oakapplerose.co.uk and I'll do my best to help, or pass your details onto the organisers.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great fair! The stained glass is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day - that Alpaca wool looks fabulous!
    Edwina

    ReplyDelete